Visual Basic allows you to test conditions and perform different operations depending on the results of that test. You can test for a condition being true or false, for various values of an expression, or for various exceptions generated when you execute a series of statements. The decision statements supported by Visual Basic include:
In This Section
- If...Then...Else Statements
- Discusses testing one or more Boolean conditions.
- Select...Case Statements
- Covers testing for different values of the same expression.
- Try...Catch...Finally Statements
- Explains testing for different exceptions generated by your code.
- Loop Structures
- Provides an overview of control-flow statements used to repeat processes.
- With...End With Statements
- Explains how to execute several statements on the same object.
- Nested Control Statements
- Describes control-flow statements inside other control-flow statements.
- Exit Statement
- Discusses how to transfer control directly out of a control-flow statement.