Developing Windows Azure SQL Database Applications
This section contains articles that provide guidance about developing the database layer of Windows applications that use Windows Azure SQL Database. Windows Azure provides an automated, enterprise-grade environment for hosting your website so you can focus on your business, and not on the infrastructure.
In This Section
- Windows Azure SQL Database and On-Premises SQL Server: Development Differences
- The topics in this section discuss development differences between SQL Database and on-premises SQL Server.
- Developing Entity Framework Apps Using Windows Azure SQL Database Federations
- A guide to developing Entity Framework applications that make use of SQL Database Federations.
- Versioning Windows Azure SQL Database Schemas by Using Federations
- Shows how SQL Database Federations can enable rolling out schema upgrades incrementally.
- Batching Techniques for SQL Database Applications in Windows Azure
- Shows how to use batching with SQL Database to optimize performance and scalability.
Insert links to reference and general reference material. All other related links go in the "relatedSections" tag.