ASP.NET fails to detect Internet Explorer
Certain versions of ASP.NET do not correctly recognize the latest version of Windows Internet Explorer and must be updated.
To resolve this issue, do one of the following:
- Revise the application to use feature detection, rather than browser detection (preferred).
- Update the ASP.NET browser definition files.
- Internet Explorer compatibility cookbook
- How to detect features instead of browsers
- Detecting Internet Explorer more effectively
Build date: 11/17/2013