Detach method of the MSFT_VirtualDisk class
Detaches a storage spaces-based virtual disk from a computer.
- StorageNodeName [in]
The name of the storage node.
- ExtendedStatus [out]
A string that contains an embedded MSFT_StorageExtendedStatus object.
This parameter allows the storage provider to return extended (implementation-specific) error information.
- Success (0)
- Not Supported (1)
- Unspecified Error (2)
- Timeout (3)
- Failed (4)
- Invalid Parameter (5)
- Access denied (40001)
- There are not enough resources to complete the operation. (40002)
- Cannot connect to the storage provider. (46000)
- The storage provider cannot connect to the storage subsystem. (46001)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its health or operational status does not permit it. (48006)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its configuration is read-only. (48007)
- The virtual disk could not complete the operation because another computer controls its configuration. (50002)
- The virtual disk could not complete the operation because its health or operational status does not permit it. (50003)
- The virtual disk could not complete the operation because its Manual Attach status does not permit it. (50004)
This operation is similar to Hide. However, there is no need for target and initiator configuration, because everything is done locally. Detaching a storage space will cause its corresponding disk object to be surprise-removed from the system. Note that detaching can happen in response to certain failure and warning conditions (such as failing redundancy, or thin provisioning capacity limits being reached).
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [desktop apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps only]|
Build date: 12/12/2013