DropTarget Control Pattern
Provides guidelines and conventions for implementing the DropTarget control pattern by using IDropTargetProvider, including information about properties and methods. The DropTarget control pattern is used to support controls that can be the target of a drag-and-drop operation.
When implementing the DropTarget control pattern, use the following guidelines and conventions:
- The DropTarget pattern must be supported while a drag operation is in progress. It can be supported even when a drag operation is not in progress.
- The IDropTargetProvider::DropTargetEffect property is required.
- The IDropTargetProvider::DropTargetEffects property is required when there is more than one possible drop effect for the target.
- The element must raise property changed events for the DropTargetEffect (UIA_DropTargetDropTargetEffectPropertyId) and DropTargetEffects (UIA_DropTargetDropTargetEffectsPropertyId) properties when they change.
The following properties and methods are required for implementing the IDropTargetProvider interface.
|Required members||Member type||Notes|
|DropTargetEffects||Property||Required if the drop target supports more than one possible drop effect.|
- Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns
- Drag Control Pattern
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Tree Overview
- UI Automation Support for Drag-and-Drop