What's New in the .NET Micro Framework Platform SDK
.NET Micro Framework 3.0
Version 4.2 of the .NET Micro Framework SDK contains the following new features:
- Remote Firmware Update: The .NET Micro Framework SDK and PK now support updating your device firmware remotely.
- Complete Cryptographic Object Model over PCKS #11: Most types and algorithms used in the desktop framework are now supported. PKCS #11 allows extensibility at the firmware level for adding new cryptographic tokens.
- OneWire, PWM and A/D object model: Support for PWM and A/D operations is now provided as a standard interface. OneWire is provided through a community development effort.
- SNTP and FTP (client and server): Support for SNTP and FTP is provided as a community development effort.
- StringBuilder and Regex types: Support for StringBuilder and Regex is provided as a community development effort.
- VB.NET: The SDK now support VB.NET.
- Support for Cortex M3 devices with STM32 processor family samples: The support for the STM32 family is provided as a community development effort and features two solutions for two different development boards. See the Porting Kit for details.
- PKStudio: PKStudio supplements SolutionWizard to create solutions for the Porting Kit environment. See the Porting Kit distribution for details.