.NET Micro Framework 3.0
This sample demonstrates the following:
- Creating a socket and using it to issue a request to retrieve an HTML page for a web site. The source tagging for the HTML page is displayed in the debugger’s Output window.
- Creating a socket that connects to a URL and port.
- Converting a string to a UTF-8 byte array so that the bytes can be sent over the socket.
- Reading data over the socket in chunks to build up the entire HTML page.
- Safely stopping waiting for data if the server is taking too long to respond.
For information about running and exploring this sample, see the Readme.txt file in the directory under:
Documents\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.1\Samples\