Methods of Deployment
Deployment in Visual Studio .NET differs from traditional setup and deployment in many respects. Rather than creating script-based setup programs, Visual Studio deployment uses Microsoft Windows Installer technology to create installers that give you complete control over the installation process.
The following topics introduce important concepts related to deployment.
In This Section
- Deployment Alternatives
- Recommends other methods of deployment.
- Deployment Via Distributable Media
- Explains the process of distributing applications via CD-ROMs or other media.
- Deployment of a Web Setup Project
- Describes methods for deploying files and applications to a Web server.
- Deployment Projects
- Describes the available types of deployment projects.
- Setup Projects
- Describes creating an installer for an application.
- Cab File Projects
- Describes creating a .cab file for Web download.
- Merge Module Projects
- Describes creating a merge module for a component.
- Deployment Concepts
- Provides links to topics covering concepts related to deployment.
- Deploying Applications
- Provides links to topics covering the tasks involved in deployment.
- Developing with Visual Studio .NET
- Explains the steps involved in developing an application.
- Managing Solutions, Projects, and Files
- Gives information about working with projects and solutions, including deployment projects.