Developing with Visual Studio .NET
Visual Studio .NET provides the tools you need to design, develop, debug, and deploy Web applications, XML Web services, and traditional client applications. This section shows you how you can use Visual Studio to accomplish each of these steps in the development process.
In This Section
- Designing Distributed Applications
- Information on application design decisions, such as system architecture, database design, and international considerations, as well as Enterprise Templates.
- Managing Solutions, Projects, and Files
- Information about the best ways to create and manage solutions and projects, as well as information on miscellaneous files and storage-based and reference-based projects.
- Working with Code, HTML, and Resource Files
- Information on programming practices, as well as editing code, HTML, XML, and styles.
- Connecting to Remote Resources with Server Explorer
- Information about how to access design time information about servers and databases via Server Explorer.
- Building, Debugging, and Testing
- Information about breakpoints, handling exceptions, edit and continue, as well as fine-tuning your application.
- Deploying Applications and Components
- Information about creating setup executables, packaging files, and publishing Web sites.
- Manipulating the Development Environment
- Information about creating Add-Ins, customizing the appearance and behavior of the integrated development environment (IDE), and reference topics.
- Includes user interface reference, language reference, error message, and other reference topics that apply to all products hosted within the Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE).
- Introducing Visual Studio .NET
- Information about new features, Visual Studio .NET editions, and installation and setup.
- Getting Assistance
- Information about accessibility, readme files, using Help, and product support.
- Samples and Walkthroughs
- Information about how to create rich client applications, Web Forms applications, and creating and accessing Web services, as well as information on the sample applications Fitch and Mather and Duwamish.
- Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Documentation that discusses application development in Visual Basic and Visual C#.
- Visual J#
- Documentation that discusses application development in Visual J#.
- Visual C++
- Documentation that discusses application development in Visual C++.
- Documentation for the JScript language, including reference, and compiler options.
- .NET Framework
- Documentation for the .NET Framework SDK, including background of the .NET Framework and reference topics.