Architectural Planning and Considerations
When deciding to offer Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you need to consider several questions, which will determine the architecture and size of the deployment or migration. Some of the considerations are:
- How many customers and users do you anticipate hosting?
- How much of the platform will you virtualize?
- What activities will you register as asynchronous activities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM? For example, will you set bulk email delivery or bulk imports to occur asynchronously?
- What level of support will you provide for platform and organization customizations?
- Will you deploy to a single datacenter or to multiple datacenters?
- If deploying to multiple datacenters, how will customers be allocated and provisioned?
Each of these factors will impact the overall size of the deployment, As each business needs may vary, this document will address sizing of the deployment based on tiers (Entry, Middle, and Upper), and guidance for virtualizing servers for service providers.