Creates a thread to execute within the address space of the calling process.
BOOL CreateThread( DWORD dwCreateFlags = 0, UINT nStackSize = 0, LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpSecurityAttrs = NULL );
- Specifies an additional flag that controls the creation of the thread. This flag can contain one of two values:
- CREATE_SUSPENDED Start the thread with a suspend count of one. Use CREATE_SUSPENDED if you want to initialize any member data of the CWinThread object, such as m_bAutoDelete or any members of your derived class, before the thread starts running. Once your initialization is complete, use the CWinThread::ResumeThread to start the thread running. The thread will not execute until CWinThread::ResumeThread is called.
- 0 Start the thread immediately after creation.
- Specifies the size in bytes of the stack for the new thread. If 0, the stack size defaults to the same size as that of the process's primary thread.
- Points to a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure that specifies the security attributes for the thread.
Nonzero if the thread is created successfully; otherwise 0.
Use AfxBeginThread to create a thread object and execute it in one step. Use CreateThread if you want to reuse the thread object between successive creation and termination of thread executions.