Compares two ranges by comparing their boundary points.
HRESULT compareBoundaryPoints( short how, IDispatch *sourceRange, long *compareResult );
- [in] Specifies how sourceRange is compared to the range of the object on which compareBoundaryPoints is invoked.
- Compares the start boundary point of both ranges.
- Compares the start boundary point of sourceRange with the end boundary point of the other range.
- Compares the end boundary points of both ranges.
- Compares the end boundary point of sourceRange to the start boundary point of the other range.
- [in] Pointer to an IHTMLDOMRange interface that is compared to the range of the object on which compareBoundaryPoints is invoked.
- [out, retval] Returns a –1, 0, or 1 to indicate whether the sourceRange point is before, equal to, or after the boundary point of the IHTMLDOMRange object on which compareBoundaryPoints is invoked.
Returns one of the following values.
S_OK The operation completed successfully. W3CException_DOM_INVALID_STATE IHTMLDOMRange::detach has been invoked on the object. W3Exception_DOM_WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR The two ranges are not in the same IHTMLDocument or IHTMLDocument3::createDocumentFragment.