Services development covers service-oriented architecture guidance and Web services.
- Improving Web Services Security: Scenarios and Implementation Guidance for WCF. This guide shows you how to design your authentication, authorization, and communication strategies for Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and shows you how to improve security for your WCF services.
- Web Service Software Factory. The Web Service Software Factory provides guidance on developing Web services. It includes domain-specific languages (DSL) that the developer can use to model their Web services, and guidance on Web service architecture, message design, versioning, and exception handling. The guidance also allows developers to customize the DSLs so that they can be adapted to the needs of a specific project or organization.
- Web Service Software Factory: Modeling Edition — November 2007 for Visual Studio 2008 and 2005
- Enterprise Service Bus
- WS-I Basic Security Profile 1.0 Reference Implementation — June 2007
- Web Service Security — December 2005
- Applied Integration Baseline Reference Implementation — August 2005
- Integration Patterns — June 2004
- Application Interoperability: Microsoft .NET and J2EE — December 2003
- Guidelines for Application Integration — December 2003
- Aggregation Application Block for .NET — June 2003
- Web Services Facade for Legacy Applications — June 2003
Please refer to the patterns & practices: Retired section for retired offerings.
About Microsoft patterns & practices
Recommendations on how to design and develop custom applications using the Microsoft platform.
By using patterns & practices offerings, you can accelerate the design and development of your custom applications, reduce project technical risk, and position yourself to take advantage of future Microsoft technologies. Each patterns & practices offering contains a combination of written documentation and re-usable source code. Many also include a reference implementation. This combination provides you with a solid starting point for your application, and a set of proven practices to aid your development.
For more information, visit the patterns & practices Developer Center.