Smart Client Software Factory
This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies.
The Smart Client Software Factory provides an integrated set of guidance that assists architects and developers create composite smart client applications. These applications have one or more of the following characteristics:
- They have a rich user interface that takes advantage of the power of the Microsoft Windows desktop.
- They connect to multiple back-end systems to exchange data with them.
- They present information coming from multiple and diverse sources through an integrated user interface, so the data looks like it came from one back-end system.
- They take advantage of local storage and processing resources to enable operation during periods of no network connectivity or intermittent network connectivity.
- They are easily deployed and configured.
- Smart Client Software Factory 2010. For use with Visual Studio 2010.
- Smart Client Software Factory (April 2008). For use with Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2005.
This software factory, like many patterns & practices deliverables, is associated with a community site. On the Smart Client Guidance community site, you can post questions, provide feedback, or connect with other users for sharing ideas. Community members can also help Microsoft plan and test future offerings and download additional content such as extensions and training material.