Windows Presentation Foundation Integration QuickStart
This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies.
This QuickStart demonstrates how to use Windows Presentation Foundation controls as Composite UI Application Block SmartParts using the Windows Presentation Foundation integration layer for Composite UI Application Block.
Building and Running the QuickStart
The QuickStart ships as source code, which means you must compile it before running it. This QuickStart does not require any additional setup.
To build and run the QuickStart
- Open the solution file WPFIntegration.sln.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
- Press F5 to run the QuickStart.
The QuickStart consists of a Shell form that contains two DeckWorkspaces that support WPF controls. When the Shell is loaded, two SmartParts are displayed:
- EmployeeView. This is a Windows Forms control that shows details for an employee.
- OrgChartView. This is a Windows Presentation Foundation control that displays a graphical organization chart.
The QuickStart shows a Windows Presentation Foundation SmartPart and a Windows Forms SmartPart interacting with each other.
When you click on a position in the organization chart, the OrgChartView view raises an event that is handled by the EmployeeView view and displays the employee information for the selected position.