Note This content applies to the Windows Logo Kit (WLK). For the latest information using the new Windows Hardware Certification Kit (HCK), see Windows HCK User's Guide on the Windows Hardware Dev Center.
- Type: Automated Test
The WDDM ModeChange test verifies system stability during display mode changes.
- The WDDM ModeChange test changes the display mode of all display outputs on the system and concurrently locks primary surfaces for use by the CPU. The test might put the system into rotated modes. Display drivers must not crash or stop responding (hang) while this test is running.
- Run Time: 60 minutes
- System Restart Required: No
- Supported operating systems for Logo or Signature testing:
Windows Server 2008 R2
The test tool requires the following software:
Supported operating system (see list above).
Software components included with the device that is being tested.
Device to be tested
Computer that meets the minimum software requirements
Two-button pointing device
Color display monitor capable of at least 1024 by 768 resolution, 32-bits per pixel, 60 Hz
Hard drive with a minimum of 20 GB available on partition C:
- GRFX-70 Display driver functions properly and does not generate hangs or faults under prolonged stress.
- Test Assertion GUID: 85ad15b6-d938-43d0-9142-094375997519
- Windows Logo Program: GRAPHICS-0038 Display driver functions properly and does not generate hangs or faults under prolonged stress
Build date: 9/14/2012