Preparing for Transfer Cable Testing
Note This content applies to the Windows Logo Kit (WLK). For the latest information using the new Windows Hardware Certification Kit (HCK), see Windows HCK User's Guide on the Windows Hardware Dev Center.
Before running the tests, you must configure the system and install the operating system. This section summarizes the related procedures.
For a complete list of required hardware, software, and tester knowledge, see Transfer Cable Testing Overview.
Many of the tests in the Windows Logo Kit require a test system to restart (often more than once) to complete a test run. The test description and the running instructions specify whether a test requires a system restart. Although these tests programmatically restart the test system, you must manually log on to the test system after each system restart so that the test run can resume. You can avoid this requirement by enabling autologon functionality on the test system. For more information about autologon, see Running with autologon enabled.
To configure your test system for Transfer Cable testing, do the following:
Install the appropriate Microsoft Windows Operating System (Windows Vista or Windows 7) on two machines.
- Perform a successful migration between two machines using Windows Easy Transfer.
- Make sure the source machine contains a minimum of 10 gigabytes data files to transfer.
- Use "An Easy Transfer Cable" as the transfer method.
- Install DTM client on one machine.
- Modify your DTM client machine power settings to prevent it from going to sleep.
- Attach two transfer cables to DTM client machine using USB 2.0 high-speed hub.
- Configure the machine for testing in DTM studio:
- Create a machine pool
- Add DTM client machine into this machine pool
Build date: 9/14/2012