WDF Verifier Control Application
The Windows Driver Foundation (WDF) Verifier control application (WdfVerifier.exe) is a tool designed to facilitate testing and debugging of WDF drivers. WDF Verifier provides an easy-to-use interface to the framework's built-in verification functionality for the following types of drivers:
Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) drivers. For more information about this type of driver, see Kernel-Mode Driver Framework.
User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) drivers. For more information about this type of driver, see User-Mode Driver Framework.
WDF Verifier supports all KMDF versions up to and including 1.11, and all UMDF versions from 1.5 to 1.11. You can run WDF Verifier on all operating systems targeted by the Windows Driver Kit (Windows Vista through Windows 8).
Important To use WDF Verifier, you must have administrative privileges on the computer.
- The remote administration features have been removed.
- There are now no command line options for this program.
- The splash screen has been removed.
- Client driver version identification is done each time the tool is used.
- The Tool Preferences property page has an additional dropdown menu that allows you to specify when the application should assume that the framework's verifier is on.
WDF Verifier supports both UMDF and KMDF drivers.
WDF Verifier provides some debugging support for UMDF drivers. In addition, you can use the debugging support built into Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows Driver Kit (WDK) 8. For more information, see How to Enable Debugging of a UMDF Driver.
WDF Verifier manages registry settings that are related to verification and debugging of WDF drivers in a safe and capable manner. You cannot make invalid or inconsistent settings with this tool.
WDF Verifier provides quick information about all the WDF drivers found on a computer.
WDF Verifier can automatically disable and re-enable devices as necessary (in most cases) to make sure that the settings you change take effect.
WDF Verifier manages DbgPrint masking on your behalf, turning it on or off based on whether you use features that cause debugger output.
WDF Verifier provides tool tips to help you become familiar with the tool. You can control the display of the tool tips.
- WDF Verifier Commands
- What WDF Verifier Reports
- Managing KMDF Verifier Settings with WDF Verifier
- Managing UMDF Verifier Settings with WDF Verifier
- Automatically Launch Debugging for UMDF Drivers
- Configuring User-Mode Debuggers for UMDF Drivers
- Saving the WDF Verifier Settings
Build date: 11/16/2013