Data User Interface Elements
This section contains information about all the dialog boxes and wizards that you use when designing data access in your Visual Basic or Visual C# applications.
In This Section
- Add Dataset Dialog Box
- Puts an existing typed dataset or a new untyped dataset (an instance of the System.Data.Dataset class) onto a form or component.
- Advanced SQL Generation Options Dialog Box
- Allows you to control how SQL statements or stored procedures are created for a data adapter by specifying options for updates, optimistic concurrency, and refreshing the dataset.
- Collection Editors
- Provides links to topics about different collection editors that allow you to create and edit individual members of a collection.
- Data Adapter Configuration Error Dialog Box
- Displays one or more errors that occurred while Visual Studio was attempting to create an instance of a data adapter and set its properties.
- Data Adapter Configuration Wizard
- Configures SQL commands or stored procedures that a data adapter uses to read data into a dataset from a database and write it back again. The topic describes how to run the wizard and what to do after the wizard has completed.
- Data Adapter Preview Dialog Box
- Allows you to see how data will be filled into a dataset by a data adapter, which is useful for testing that the adapter is returning the data you expect, that table mappings work properly, and the effect of different parameter values.
- Data Form Wizard
- Creates data-bound Windows Forms or Web Forms pages. The topic describes how to run the wizard, what options you can choose, and what the wizard generates.
- Data Source Login Dialog Box
- Allows you to request access to a data source (typically a database) for which you have not already been authenticated.
- Database Projects User Interface Elements
- Provides links to reference topics about dialog boxes associated with Database projects.
- Dataset Properties Dialog Box
- Displays the structure and properties of a dataset and its members in a read-only, hierarchical window.
- Foreign Key Constraint Dialog Box
- Allows you to place a foreign key constraint on one or more columns in a dataset table that is related to another table.
- Generate Dataset Dialog Box
- Allows you to generate a new typed dataset from information provided by one or more data adapters and to add tables to an existing dataset.
- Include Password with Connection String Dialog Box
- Allows you to control if user id and password values (credentials) are embedded into a connection string.
- Preview SQL Script Dialog Box
- Appears as part of the Data Adapter Configuration Wizard to allow you to see the SQL script the wizard will use to create stored procedures to read and write data.
- Relation Dialog Box
- Allows you to create a relationship (a DataRelation object) that maintains information about parent-child records in two data tables in a dataset.
- Table Mappings Dialog Box
- Allows you to specify which columns in a database table or other data source are equivalent to columns in a dataset table.
- Unique Constraint Dialog Box
- Allows you to place a unique constraint on one or more columns in a table in an untyped dataset.
- XML Designer
- Provides a set of visual tools for working with XML Schemas, ADO.NET datasets, and XML documents.
- Accessing Data
- Provides links to topics that describe how to access data in your Visual Basic and Visual C# applications.
- Reference (Visual Database Tools)
- Provides links to reference topics about working with Visual Database Tools.