For more details of the topics covered in this guide, see Contents of the Guide.
This section of the guide contains a series of topics that will help you to understand the capabilities, features, benefits, and liabilities of each of the common application types that you may decide to create. The first topic contains an overview of the basic application types such as Web, mobile, rich client, services, and RIA. The remaining chapters describe each of these types in detail, as well as more specialist types of applications such as hosted and cloud-based services, and applications that take advantage of SharePoint and Microsoft Office. For more information, see the following chapters:
- Chapter 20 "Choosing an Application Type"
- Chapter 21 "Designing Web Applications"
- Chapter 22 "Designing Rich Client Applications"
- Chapter 23 "Designing Rich Internet Applications"
- Chapter 24 "Designing Mobile Applications"
- Chapter 25 "Designing Service Applications"
- Chapter 26 "Designing Hosted and Cloud Services"
- Chapter 27 "Designing Office Business Applications"
- Chapter 28 "Designing SharePoint LOB Applications"