Debugging and Testing How-to Topics (Windows Embedded CE 6.0)
The following how-to topics show ways to use Microsoft Platform Builder and the tools provided with it to debug and test a Windows Embedded CE–based device.
- How to Connect to a Target Device for Debugging
Describes how to connect a development workstation running Platform Builder to a Windows Embedded CE–based device.
- How to Use Platform Builder to Connect to Multiple Target Devices
Describes how to connect a single development workstation to multiple Windows Embedded CE–based devices.
- Battery Life Debugging
Provides guidelines for analyzing battery performance.
- How to Use Performance Monitor to Observe Performance
Describes how to use the Windows Embedded CE Performance Monitor tool to display statistics that describe the performance of a Windows Embedded CE–based device in real time.
- How to Use Call Profiler to Find Performance Problems
Describes how to use the Windows Embedded CE Call Profiler tool to collect data that shows the performance of an application.
- How to Copy a File to a Target Device by Using File Viewer
Describes how to copy a file to a target device by using the File Viewer remote tool.
- How to Create and Debug a Debugger Extension
Describes how to create and debug a custom debugger extension.
- Debugging Resources Overview
Provides an overview of tools for testing and debugging a Windows Embedded CE–based device.
- Creating a Named Connection
Describes how to create a uniquely named target for connection.
- Jumping to a Run-Time Image on the Target Device
Describes how to jump to a flash media-based image.
- Resetting a Target Device
Describes how to reset the configuration of a target device.
- Downloading a Run-Time Image
Describes how to download a run-time image to a target device for debugging.
- Configuring a Connection for Downloading and Debugging
Describes the settings that allow you to control connections for downloading.
- How to Use the CETK to Test a Driver
Describes how to use the CETK to test a Windows Embedded CE device driver.
- How to Debug a Run-Time Image on a CEPC
Describes how achieve a specified level of support for debugging in a Windows Embedded CE–based run-time image.