Defining WCF Data Services
This section describes how to create and configure WCF Data Services to expose data as an Open Data Protocol (OData) feed. For more information about the basic steps required to create a data service, see Exposing Your Data as a Service (WCF Data Services).
In This Section
- Configuring the Data Service (WCF Data Services)
- Describes the data service configuration options provided by WCF Data Services.
- Data Services Providers (WCF Data Services)
- Describes the provider models for exposing data as a data service.
- Service Operations (WCF Data Services)
- Describes how to define service operations that expose methods on the server.
- Feed Customization (WCF Data Services)
- Describes how to create a mapping between entities in the data model defined by the data service provider and elements in the data feed.
- Interceptors (WCF Data Services)
- Describes how to define interceptor methods to perform custom business logic on requests to the data service.
- Developing and Deploying WCF Data Services
- Describes how to develop and deploy a data service by using Visual Studio.
- Securing WCF Data Services
- Describes authentication and authorization for the data service and other security considerations.
- Hosting the Data Service (WCF Data Services)
- Describes how to select a host for your data service.
- Data Service Versioning (WCF Data Services)
- Describes how to work with different versions of the OData.
- WCF Data Services Protocol Implementation Details
- Describes optional functionalities of the OData protocol that are not currently implemented by WCF Data Services.
Build Date: 2011-11-01