Choosing an Alternate HTML Editor
The default editor for HTML documents is HTML Designer. However, you can specify any installed text editor as your Visual Studio editor for viewing and editing HTML documents.
To open a document in another HTML editor
- Select the document in Solution Explorer.
- On the View menu, choose Open With.
- In the Open With dialog box, choose an editor, and select Open.
Note The Open With dialog box also includes the Set as Default option. Choose Set as Default to designate another available editor as your default editor for HTML documents.
To add an HTML editor
- In the Open With dialog box, choose Add.
- Type the path to your editor, or click the Browse button to navigate to the program.
- Type a friendly name for the editor.