Using Threads and Threading
It is easy to create, manage, and destroy managed threads, but doing so can cause unintended side effects if you do not understand the relationship of managed and unmanaged threads and the ThreadAbortException. The topics in this section discuss the creation and management of managed threads and how to avoid unintended consequences.
In This Section
- Creating Threads
- Discusses and demonstrates the creation of managed threads, including how to pass arguments to new threads.
- Pausing and Resuming Threads
- Discusses the ramifications of pausing and resuming managed threads.
- Destroying Threads
- Discusses the ramifications of destroying managed threads.
- Scheduling Threads
- Discusses thread priorities and their affect on thread scheduling.
- Provides reference documentation for the Thread class, which represents a managed thread, whether it came from unmanaged code or was created in a managed application.
- Threads and Threading
- Provides an introduction to managed threading.
- Provides reference documentation for the ThreadStart delegate.