Databinding with ActiveX Controls in Visual C++
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Databinding is implemented through two types of ActiveX controls: data controls and data-bound controls.
- Data controls
- A data control is responsible for encapsulating a database query and the retrieved rowset. The Microsoft data controls provide a user interface consisting of a series of buttons to iterate through the data. Visual C++ offers two data access technologies for data controls: ADO and RDO.
- Data-bound controls
- A data-bound control is responsible for presenting the data. Data-bound controls connect to data controls to receive data and present the data through a variety of user interfaces. A Visual C++ application can also bind variables to data values set in the data-bound controls; see CWnd::BindProperty.
For more information about databinding, see:
- MFC ActiveX Controls: Using Data Binding in an ActiveX Control
- Data Access: ADO and RDO
- ActiveX Controls that Support Databinding
- ADO Databinding
- RDO Databinding
- Wrapper Classes
- Setting Event Handlers on ActiveX Controls
- Error Trapping
- Limitations of Databinding