Installing SharePoint 2013 on Windows Azure Infrastructure Services
Updated: May 23, 2013
This deployment roadmap contains the phases and instructions for deploying SharePoint with SQL Server AlwaysOn on a set of Windows Azure Virtual Machines with the following characteristics:
Two SharePoint web servers
Two SharePoint application servers
Two database servers
Two domain controllers
Two machines for each role ensure high availability. All of the virtual machines are in a single affinity group. Each pair of virtual machines for a specific role is in their own availability set.
In This Section
Because of the complexity and length of the procedures, it is not possible to accomplish the entire configuration in one session. Therefore, deploy this configuration in the following sessions:
- Session 1: Configure Windows Azure. Use the Windows Azure Management Portal to create a storage account, cloud services, a virtual network, and the virtual machines.
- Session 2: Configure Domain Controllers. Configure the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) domain controllers.
- Session 3: Configure SQL Server Infrastructure. Prepare the SQL Server virtual machines for use with SharePoint.
- Session 4: Configuring a SharePoint Machine. Configure the four SharePoint virtual machines.
- Session 5: Configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups. Create availability groups using Windows Server 2012 R2 features.
- Session 6: Creating Availability Groups on Virtual Machines. Prepare the databases for inclusion in SQL Server Availability Groups.