SharePoint on Azure Infrastructure Services
Updated: August 28, 2014
You can deploy and run various configurations of SharePoint Server 2013 as Azure Virtual Machines. For example, you can use the SharePoint 2013 Trial gallery image to create a virtual machine that already has SharePoint Server 2013 installed. There are also gallery images for Microsoft SQL Server, so creating the basic infrastructure is quick and easy.
The following resources show you how to architect SharePoint Server 2013 solutions that are hosted in Azure:
- Planning for SharePoint 2013 on Azure Infrastructure Services Learn the key design considerations, architecture, and operations required to deploy a SharePoint farm in an Azure virtual network.
- Azure Architectures for SharePoint 2013 See how to use Azure infrastructure services to create SharePoint 2013 sites that can scale and take advantage of Azure identity features.
- Internet Sites in Azure using SharePoint Server 2013 Create SharePoint 2013 sites that can keep your costs low and scale as your needs dictate. You can also take advantage of Azure Active Directory to track users.
The following resources show you how to deploy SharePoint Server 2013 solutions that are hosted in Azure:
- Deploying SharePoint with SQL Server AlwaysOn in Azure Learn how to configure a high-availability deployment of a SharePoint 2013 farm with SQL Server AlwaysOn. Also see the SharePoint with SQL Server AlwaysOn Infographic.
- SharePoint Disaster Recovery in Azure Learn how to use Azure infrastructure services as an inexpensive and flexible disaster recovery platform for your intranet SharePoint 2013 deployment.
- Azure Active Directory with SharePoint 2013 Take advantage of identity features provided by Azure for SharePoint Server 2013 with Azure Active Directory Access Control.
- Deploy Office 365 Directory Synchronization in Azure Learn how to deploy the Directory Synchronization tool on a virtual machine in Azure to synchronize your on-premises Active Directory user accounts to Office 365.
SharePoint Server Farm is a feature of the Microsoft Azure Preview Portal that automatically creates a pre-configured SharePoint Server 2013 farm for you. This can save you a lot of time when you need a basic or high-availability SharePoint farm for a development and testing environment or if you are evaluating SharePoint Server 2013 as a collaboration solution for your organization. For more information, see SharePoint Server Farm.