Recipe Property Handler Sample
Demonstrates the implementation of a property handler for custom format recipe (.recipe) files.
This topic contains the following sections.
- Downloading the Sample
- Building the Sample
- Running the Sample
- Removing the Sample
- Related topics
This format supports several properties natively and also supports reading and writing arbitrary properties and custom schema. The sample also includes a custom property schema which defines properties that are germane to the .recipe file format (those not represented by any properties in the system's property schema).
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)||7.0|
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Code Gallery||Windows Shell Integration Samples on Code Gallery|
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
In the case of the Windows SDK, once you have downloaded and installed it, you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 SDK results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\.
To build the sample from the command prompt:
- Open the command prompt window and navigate to the RecipePropertyHandler project directory.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the RecipePropertyHandler project directory.
- Double-click the icon for the RecipePropertyHandler.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the DLL file, using the command prompt or Windows Explorer.
- (Optional) Type
prop.exe schema register RecipeProperties.propdescto register the custom .recipe properties in the property schema.
- Using the command prompt, navigate to the directory that contains the DLL file.
regsvr32.exe /u PropertyHandler.dll.
prop.exe schema unregister RecipeProperties.propdesc.
- Delete the folder that contains the sample source files.
- Property System Code Samples
- Ideal Property Handler Sample
- Playlist Property Handler Sample
- Property Edit Sample
- Property Schema Sample
Build date: 10/27/2012