Demonstrates how to determine HomeGroup membership status, enumerate top-level items in the HomeGroup Shell folder, and launch the HomeGroup Sharing Wizard.
This topic contains the following sections.
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)||7.0|
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Code Gallery||Windows Shell Integration Samples on Code Gallery|
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
In the case of the Windows SDK, once you have downloaded and installed it, you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 software development kit (SDK) results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\.
To build the sample from the command prompt:
- Open the command prompt window and navigate to the HomeGroup project directory.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the HomeGroup project directory.
- Double-click the icon for the HomeGroup.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the new executable, using the command prompt or Windows Explorer.
- At the command line, enter
HomeGroup.exe. Alternatively, from Windows Explorer double-click the icon for HomeGroup.exe.