Writing a Windows PowerShell Cmdlet
"Writing a Windows PowerShell Cmdlet" is for program managers who are designing cmdlets and for developers who are implementing cmdlet code. It will help you understand how cmdlets work, it provides sample code that you can use to start writing cmdlets, and it includes tutorials that you can use to learn the fundamentals behind the cmdlet code.
In This Section
- Cmdlet Overview
- This topic provides an overview of what a cmdlet is and of some important terms you need to know.
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet Concepts
- This section describes what cmdlets are and how they work.
- Examples of Cmdlet Code
- This section contains example code that you can use to start writing your own cmdlets.
- Examples of Formatting Cmdlet Output
- This section contains examples that demonstrate how to format cmdlet output.
- Tutorials for Writing Cmdlets
- This section contains tutorials that you can use to learn about the fundamentals behind the cmdlet code.
- Cmdlet Samples
- This section contains samples of complete cmdlets.