The Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for Oracle E-Business Suite is a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) binding. Client applications can consume the Oracle E-Business adapter to invoke operations on Oracle E-Business Suite artifacts. The Oracle E-Business adapter can be consumed:
- Through a physical port binding in a BizTalk Server solution.
- By invoking methods on an instance of a client proxy.
- By sending SOAP messages over a channel instance in code that uses the WCF channel model.
The following table:
- Lists the different operations that can be performed on Oracle E-Business Suite using the Oracle E-Business adapter.
- Provides links to the topics containing information about performing the task using the chosen approach (BizTalk Server, WCF service model or WCF channel model).
|Operation||BizTalk Server||WCF Service Model||WCF Channel Model|
Performing operations on interface tables and views
Performing operations on tables and views with large data types
Performing composite operations on Oracle database
Invoking concurrent programs in Oracle E-Business Suite
Invoking request sets in Oracle E-Business Suite
Performing ExecuteReader, ExecuteScalar, or ExecuteNonQuery operations
Polling Oracle database Using BizTalk Server
Receiving database change notifications from Oracle E-Business Suite
The topics in this section provide information, procedures, and examples to help you develop applications that consume the Oracle E-Business adapter in both BizTalk Server and .NET programming solutions. The topics also provide information on other key aspects of using the adapters such as:
- Connecting to the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Retrieving metadata from the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Using binding properties to configure the adapter.
- Establishing a Connection to the Oracle E-Business Suite
- Retrieving Metadata for Oracle E-Business Suite Operations in Visual Studio
- Working with BizTalk Adapter for Oracle E-Business Suite Binding Properties
- Receiving Polling-based Data-changed Messages
- Before Developing Applications Using the Oracle E-Business Suite Adapter
- Developing BizTalk Applications
- Developing Applications By Using the WCF Service Model
- Developing Applications by Using the WCF Channel Model
- Using the Oracle E-Business Adapter with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- How Do I?