Support for Composite Operations
The Oracle E-Business adapter enables adapter clients to perform composite operations that can include any number of the following operations, and in any order:
- Select, Insert, Update, and Delete operations on an interface table and database table.
- Select operation on an interface view and database view.
- Stored procedures, functions, and procedures within packages that are surfaced as operations in the adapter.
The operations in a composite operation can target tables and views in the same database or different databases. However, data cannot be shared or reused across different operations in a composite operation. For example, in a composite operation, the result set of a Select operation cannot be used as the input parameter for a stored procedure.
Each operation in a composite operation is performed using a separate connection. The Oracle E-Business adapter consumes as many connections from the ODP.NET connection pool as the number of operations in a composite operation, and then releases the connections as the operations get executed. However, if an operation in the composite operation returns a result set, the connection is released only after the message is consumed.
If you experience time-out issues while executing a composite operation then it could be because the number of connections is less than the number of operations in a composite operation involving:
For information about:
- How to perform composite operations in Oracle E-Business adapter using BizTalk Server, see Performing Composite Operations on Oracle Database by Using BizTalk Server.
- Message schemas for the composite operation, see Message Schemas for the Composite Operation.
|You can also set the applications context for composite operations in the Oracle E-Business adapter. It is mandatory to set the applications context for the composite operations if any of the operations in a composite operation is performed on an interface table or interface view. For information about applications context, and how to set it, see Setting Application Context.|
Other ResourcesWhat Operations Can Be Performed Using the Adapter?
© 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.