Configure Transaction Isolation Level and Transaction Timeout
While performing inbound operation (Polling) using the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for Oracle Database with BizTalk Server, you should appropriately configure the transaction isolation level and the transaction timeout values. To do this:
- Start the BizTalk Server Administration console.
- In the console tree, expand the BizTalk Group, and then expand Applications.
- Expand the BizTalk application that you have deployed after generating the metadata using the Oracle Database adapter.
- Right-click Receive Ports, point to New, and then click One-way Receive Port.
- In the Receive Port Properties dialog box, on the General tab, type a name for the receive port.
- In the left pane of the Receive Port Properties dialog box, click Receive Locations, and then click New in the right pane to define a new receive location.
- In the Receive Location Properties dialog box, click WCF-Custom in the Type list.
- Click Configure adjacent to the Type list.
- In the WCF-Custom Transport Properties dialog box, click the Behavior tab.
- In the Behavior list, right-click ServiceBehavior, and click Add extension.
- In the Select Behavior Extension dialog box, select oracleDBAdapterInboundTransactionBehavior, and click OK.
- In the left pane of the WCF-Custom Transport Properties, select the oracleDBAdapterInboundTransactionBehavior service under ServiceBehavior.
- In the right pane of the WCF-Custom Transport Properties, specify appropriate values for the transactionIsolationLevel and transactionTimeout parameters. You can select any of the following transaction isolation levels: Serializable, RepeatableRead, ReadCommitted, ReadUncommitted, Snapshot, Chaos, and Unspecified. For information about these transaction isolation levels, see the Members section at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=126983.
Important The Oracle Database adapter supports only the following two transaction isolation levels: ReadCommitted and Serializable.
- Click OK in the WCF-Custom Transport Properties dialog box.
- Click OK in the open dialog boxes to save the changes.