Invokes the unregistered URL protocol dialog box. This dialog box allows the user to select an application to associate with a previously unknown protocol.
HRESULT WINAPI URLAssociationDialog( HWND hwndParent, DWORD dwInFlags, LPCSTR pcszFile, LPCSTR pcszURL, LPSTR pszAppBuf, UINT ucAppBufLen );
- Handle to the parent window.
- Bit flags that specify the behavior of the function. This value can be one or more of the following:
- Use the default file name (that is, "Internet Shortcut").
- Register the selected application as the handler for the protocol specified in pcszURL. The application is registered only if this flag is set and the user indicates that a persistent association is desired.
- Address of a constant zero-terminated string that contains the file name to associate with the URL's protocol.
- Address of a constant zero-terminated string that contains the URL with an unknown protocol.
- Address of a buffer that receives the path of the application specified by the user.
- Unsigned integer that contains the size of pszAppBuf, in characters.
Returns S_OK if the application is registered with the URL protocol, or S_FALSE if nothing is registered. For example, the function returns S_FALSE when the user elects to perform a one-time execution via the selected application.
Stock Implementation url.dll Custom Implementation No Header Intshcut.h Import library None Minimum availability Internet Explorer 4.0 Minimum operating systems Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95