Using Chart Controls
This section provides an overview of the main concepts and features of the Chart controls.
In This Section
- Chart Elements
- Describes the various chart elements, such as chart areas, legends, and series.
- Chart Appearance
- Describes how to customize the chart appearance using the properties in each chart element.
- Coordinate System
- Describes the coordinate systems used by various chart elements. Coordinate systems include absolute coordinates, relative coordinates, and axis coordinates.
- 3D Charts
- Describes the 3D features and properties of the Chart control.
- Data Binding and Manipulation
- Describes the various methods for binding and manipulating data, including financial and statistical formulas.
- Custom Properties
- Describes the custom properties supported by the Series objects. These custom properties add to the existing appearance properties to enable you to customize the look and feel of your chart.
- Chart Serialization
- Describes how to use serialization to convert your charts into a format that you can save or transmit. You can save chart data and appearance properties and load them into the Chart control later.
- Cursors, Zooming, and Scrolling
- Describes how to give people the flexibility to zoom and scroll the data view by enabling cursors and selections. This is available only in Windows Forms applications.