EDID 1.3 and DDC
Type: Automated Test
The EDID 1.3 and DDC test checks for the compliance of a monitor's extended-display identification data (EDID).
This test retrieves extended-display identification data (EDID) data from monitor software key fields and verifies key fields that are associated with the EDID structure that is based on the VESA Enhanced Extended Display Identification Data Standard Version 1.3.
Run Time: Under a minute
Log File: EDIDTESTV2.log
System Restart Required: No
Supported operating systems for Logo or Signature testing:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
The test tool requires the following software:
- Supported operating system (see list above).
- Software components included with the device that is being tested.
- Device to be tested
- Computer that meets the minimum software requirements
- Windows keyboard
- Two-button pointing device
- Color display monitor capable of at least 1024 by 768 resolution, 32-bits per pixel, 60 Hz
- Hard drive with a minimum of 20 GB available on partition C:
B126.96.36.199-1 Display device implements the EDID data structure
Test Assertion GUID:
Windows Logo Program: DISPLAY-0065 Display device implements the EDID data structure
Send feedback on this topic
Built on December 10, 2009