Accessing Pictures from a Picture Album
This section demonstrates how to access pictures in a picture album by using the Media API on Windows Phone.
The code in the topic shows you the technique for using Media API to access pictures. You can download a complete code sample for this topic, including full source code and any additional supporting files required by the sample.
This example retrieves and displays pictures from a device's media library.
|Picture collections will always be empty on Xbox 360 and Windows; therefore, the following example work only on Windows Phone.|
To retrieve pictures
- Playing a Video
- Demonstrates how to use the VideoPlayer to play a video.
- Playing a Song from a URI
- Demonstrates how to use the MediaPlayer to play a song from a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- Displaying Pictures and Playing Video
- Provides overviews about how to use the Media API to retrieve system media, including pictures, songs, and video.