Configuring Enterprise Library
This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies. This page may contain URLs that were valid when originally published, but now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.
|The latest Enterprise Library information can be found at the Enterprise Library site.|
Configuration information for the Enterprise Library application blocks is stored in XML format. Typically, the information exists in an XML file. By default, the XML file that contains the information is the application configuration file.
You can manually edit the XML data, but the Enterprise Library provides two configuration tools that greatly simplify this task. These tools are the stand-alone Configuration Console and the Configuration Editor that is integrated with Visual Studio. If you choose to manually edit the XML, refer to the appropriate application block documentation for schema details.
This section includes the following topics:
- Using the Configuration Tools
- Using Alternate Configuration Sources
- Updating Configuration Settings at Run-time
- Using the appSettings Section
- Environment-Specific Configuration
- Specifying Different Assemblies
- Encrypting Configuration Data
- Enabling Instrumentation
- Source Schema for Enterprise Library Core