Device Context Operations
An application can perform the following operations on a device context:
- Enumerate existing graphic objects.
- Select new graphic objects.
- Delete existing graphic objects.
- Save the current graphic objects, their attributes, and the graphic modes.
- Restore previously saved graphic objects, their attributes, and the graphic modes.
In addition, an application can use a device context to:
- Determine how graphics output is translated.
- Cancel lengthy drawing operations (begun by a thread in a multithreaded application).
- Reset a printer to a particular state.
This subsection provides information on the following topics.
- Operations on Graphic Objects
- Cancellation of Drawing Operations
- Retrieving Device Data
- Saving, Restoring, and Resetting a Device Context