About Coordinate Spaces and Transformations
Coordinate spaces and transformations are used by the following types of applications:
- Desktop publishing applications (to "zoom" parts of a page or to display adjacent pages in a window).
- Computer-aided design (CAD) applications (to rotate objects, scale drawings, or create perspective views).
- Spreadsheet applications (to move and size graphs).
The following illustrations show successive views of an object created in a drawing application. The first illustration shows the object as it appears in the original drawing; the succeeding five illustrations show the effects of applying various transformations.
The following subtopics describe various aspects of coordinate spaces and transformations.
- Transformation of Coordinate Spaces
- World-Space to Page-Space Transformations
- Page-Space to Device-Space Transformations
- Device-Space to Physical-Device Transformation
- Default Transformations
Build date: 6/12/2013