Interop and Device Samples Overview
Glossary Item Box
This section contains a broad set of samples that demonstrate how to use Decentralized Software Services (DSS) with a variety of technologies including Game Controllers and Web Cameras.
- Game Controller
- The DirectInput API is used to process data from a keyboard, mouse, joystick, or other game controller. The Game Controller sample exposes a DirectInput controller as a DSS service.
- XInput Controller
- XInput is an API that allows applications to receive input from the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. Controller rumble effects and voice input and output are supported. The XInput controller sample exposes an XInput controller as a DSS service.
- Kinect Sensor
- This collection of services supports the real and simulated Kinect sensors.
- KinectUI Sample
- A sample User Interface for the Kinect that allows you to explore the capabilities provided as part of RDS.
- How to hook up to a Web camera and access it from a Browser as well as from other DSS services.
- IP-based camera
- The IP camera service provides a DSS service interface to a networked (TCP/IP) camera.
© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.