Getting Started with the Outlook 2007 MAPI Reference
The Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Messaging API (MAPI) Reference describes how to create Outlook 2007 items by using MAPI that is based on the Component Object Model (COM) rather than the Outlook object model. This section describes how to find the various reference and conceptual resources in the Outlook 2007 MAPI Reference.
In This Section
- Outlook 2007 MAPI Reference Overview
Provides overview information about the Outlook 2007 MAPI Reference.
- What's New in This Edition
Describes the updates in the Outlook 2007 version of the MAPI Reference.
- Selecting Development Technologies for Outlook Applications
Provides information to help you decide what technologies to use for programming applications for Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Finding Header Information
Provides a list of MAPI header files that developers commonly use.
- Finding Lists of Required Properties
Describes where to find documentation for required and optional properties.
- Finding Information About Objects
Describes how to find information about MAPI objects and interfaces.
- Properties Deprecated in This Edition
Describes the properties that should not be used in the current version of MAPI.