Entity Data Model Tools Scenarios
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change in future releases. Blank topics are included as placeholders.]
The topics in this section describe how to use the ADO.NET Entity Data Model Designer in common application scenarios.
|Many of the walkthrough topics in this section use the CourseManager application (from the Entity Framework Quickstart) as a starting point. For these walkthroughs, we recommend that you use a copy of the CourseManager application, instead of editing the original CourseManager code. You can download the completed Course Manager as both a Visual Basic project and a C# project from the MSDN Code Gallery Web site.|
In This Section
- Creating an Application Using a Conceptual Model
- Provides a link to the Entity Framework Quickstart topics. These topics guide you through building the CourseManager application.
- Walkthrough: Mapping Inheritance - Table-per-Hierarchy
- Guides you through implementing table-per-hierarchy inheritance in the CourseManager application.
- Walkthrough: Mapping Inheritance - Table-per-Type
- Guides you through implementing table-per-type inheritance in the CourseManager application.
- Walkthrough: Mapping an Entity to Multiple Tables
- Guides you through mapping an entity type to two tables in the CourseManager application.
- Walkthrough: Mapping an Entity to Stored Procedures
- Guides you through mapping the insert, update, and delete operations of an entity type to stored procedures in the CourseManager application.
- Walkthrough: Retrieving Entity Types with a Stored Procedure
- Guides you through creating a function import from a stored procedure and using it to retrieve a collection of entity types.
- Using the Entity Data Model Tools with ASP.NET
- Provides an overview of supported ASP.NET project types and a walkthrough of creating an ASP.NET Web Application.
- Walkthrough: Adding Entities Using Foreign Key Properties
- Guides you through generating a conceptual model with foreign key properties, creating objects, and attaching objects to the object context.
ConceptsADO.NET Entity Framework
Build Date: 2011-09-01