Implementing Web Services on Your Devices
This section provides information on Devices Profile for Web Services (DPWS), a Web Services profile that enables plug and play for networked devices.
In This Section
- Introducing DPWS
- This section introduces Devices Profile for Web Services(DPWS).
- Referencing the DPWS Libraries
- This overview describes how to reference the DPWS Libraries.
- Using DPWS Namespaces
- This topic lists the DPWS namespaces.
- Generating Service Model Code Using MfSvcUtil.
- This section describes how to use the MfSvcUtil tool.
- Initializing the Device
- This topic explains how to initialize the device information, add a service to it, and start the device stack.
- Defining Service Operations
- This topic explains how the operations in a service are defined. The code for the service class can be generated by the MfSvcUtil tool.
- Subscribing to Events
- This topic explains how to subscribe to events.
- Handling Exceptions
- This topic provides information about exceptions in the DPWS stack.
- Understanding Threads
- This topic provides information about threads in the DPWS stack.
- Discovering Services Using the DPWS Client
- This topic explains how to discover services using the DpwsClient class.
- Using the DPWS Client
- This topic explains how to make a service call with your DPWS client class. The DPWS client class can be generated from a WSDL using the MfSvcUtil tool.