[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
The bulk delete feature helps you manage system storage consumption and maintain data quality by freeing the system from old, obsolete, or invalid data.
The bulk data that you can remove by using bulk delete includes the following:
- Stale data
- Data not relevant to business
- Old test or sample data
- Data incorrectly imported from other systems
An important feature of bulk delete is that it can run asynchronously in the background without blocking your other activities.
You can use bulk delete to perform the following:
- Delete data across multiple entities
- Delete entity instances for a given entity
- Receive an e-mail notification when bulk delete is finished
- Delete data periodically
- Schedule the start time of a recurring bulk delete
- Retrieve the information about the failures that occurred during bulk delete
In This Section
Describes how to run bulk delete.
Describes the bulk delete operation entity capabilities.
Lists the bulk delete operation attributes.
Describes the bulk delete failure entity capabilities.
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.