[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
Sharing is the way Microsoft Dynamics CRM users can give other users access to customer information as needed. For example, a salesperson might decide to share an opportunity with another salesperson so that they can both track the progress of an important sale.
Use the GrantAccess message to share an entity instance. Use the ModifyAccess message to change how an entity instance is shared. Use the RevokeAccess message to remove all sharing for the entity instance.
The SDK provides methods for sharing entity instances (records). A user must have Share rights to share customer-related records, such as contacts, accounts, opportunities, cases, and orders, with any other user in the system. When a record is shared, you can specify the rights to grant for the shared record. Cascading rules determine whether related entities are shared at the same time. For more information, see Cascading Rules.
The following list describes the rules for sharing records:
- Anyone with share privileges on a record can share it with additional users or teams.
- Anyone with share privileges on a record can set access rights for that record. These access rights control how a user who shares a record can access that record.
- Access on a shared record can be set to any access right, for example, read or write.
- Access rights on a shared record can be different for each user that the record is shared with.
- A record can be shared with the same security principal only one time. A user can share a record if they have share privileges on that record.
- Anyone with share privileges on a business record can modify the access rights for users who have the record shared.
- Anyone with share privileges on a business record can remove sharing for a specified user who has the record shared.
- Anyone with share privileges on a business record can remove sharing for all users with whom the record was previously shared.
- GrantAccess Message
- GrantAccess Privileges
- ModifyAccess Message
- ModifyAccess Privileges
- RevokeAccess Message
- RevokeAccess Privileges
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.