Editing the SiteMap
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
To configure the SiteMap, do the following:
- Export the SiteMap by using the Export Customizations feature.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Export Customizations.
- Select SiteMap, then on the Actions toolbar click Export Selected Customizations.
- Create a backup copy of the exported customizations.zip file. Use this file to recover from errors if necessary.
- Extract the customizations.xml file from the customizations.zip file.
- Make your changes to the exported XML file.
- Import the updated XML file by using the Import Customizations feature.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Import Customizations.
- Click Browse, locate your modified XML file, and then click Upload.
- On the Actions toolbar, click Import Selected Customizations.
Recovering From Errors
The import tool performs validations on the SiteMap. However, it is still possible that some errors might occur.
If errors occur, the default SiteMap will be applied and an error message will be displayed. You must fix the errors in the SiteMap and import it again.
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.