Hyper-V WMI Provider
Hyper-V provides a scalable, reliable, and highly available virtualized server computing environment. It enables one or more guest operating systems to run concurrently on a single physical computer. Key uses for virtual machine technology include the following:
- Server consolidation
- Consolidation of development and testing environments
- Simplified disaster recovery
Hyper-V services require an x64-based system that supports hardware-assisted virtualization running Hyper-V. Programs that interact with the Hyper-V WMI interfaces however, can run remotely on any system that supports WMI.
Key virtualization concepts and a high-level view of the WMI provider.
Sample code that demonstrates common tasks.
Documentation of the WMI classes you can use to manage the Hyper-V environment.
- Hyper-V (Windows Server 2008 R2 Technical Library)
- Windows Management Instrumentation
- Windows Server Virtualization
Build date: 11/16/2013