- Getting Started With Networked Games
- Introduces the key prerequisites for creating a networked XNA Framework game.
- Gamer Services Overview
- Describes the functionality provided by the XNA Framework GamerServices namespace, which includes the capability to query for LIVE accounts, retrieve player preferences for local accounts, and show various LIVE Guide user interface screens programmatically.
- Network Session Management
- Defines the network session management capabilities in the XNA Framework, which allow for matchmaking access to profile data on all the gamers in a potential game.
- Reliable Packet Delivery
- Provides an overview of the reliable UDP protocol supported by the XNA framework and the packet delivery options that may be chosen.
- Network Topologies And Host Migration
- Discusses the relationship between session hosts and peers and the actual network topology used to route gameplay.
- Latency Simulation and Bandwidth Usage
- Describes the packet loss simulation capabilities available to XNA Framework games.
- Voice Support
- Introduces the voice support options available in the XNA Framework.
- How To: Create a Network Session
- Describes the process of creating a new network session.
- How To: Find and Join a Network Session
- Find and join a network session using the steps outlined in this article.
- How To: Manage Players Joining and Leaving the Game
- Manage the data associated with a player by subscribing to events which occur when players are joining or leaving a game.
- How To: Manage Player Movement Between Lobby and Gameplay Modes
- Describes the properties and events associated with a multiplayer session that allow a game to move between lobby and game play modes and identify which mode the game is currently in.
- How To: Join an In-Progress Game
- Describes enabling the AllowJoinInProgress property to make an in-progress game available to peers searching for available sessions.
- How To: Use Gamertags and Gamer Pictures
- Demonstrates how to retrieve gamertags and pictures using a technique that can be applied to retrieve other gamer profile information.
- How To: Send Data
- Describes the options available for sending data to all clients or to a specific player.
- How To: Receive Data
- Describes how the local players on a gaming machine receive data from the other players in a networked game.
- How To: Initialize and Update the Gamer Services Pump
- Describes how an application would use the GamerServicesDispatcher instead of the GamerServicesComponent for cases in which a program may not be using the XNA Framework application model or component infrastructure.