[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
Here are some guidelines that can help you improve the performance of the report.
- Limit a report to display information from a specified time period, instead of displaying all records in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.
- Do not make a report that uses a large dataset or a complex SQL query available on-demand to all users.
- Pre-filter a report so that the dataset is limited.
- Do not select all columns from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM filtered view. Instead, explicitly specify the columns that you want to select in the SQL statement.
- Use SQL stored procedures instead of inline SQL.
- Calculate aggregate totals by using SQL code, instead of passing raw data to Reporting Services and grouping.
- Limit the number of datasets used, if it is possible.
- When you compare dates, use the UTC date fields for comparisons. For example, compare the createdonutc fields and not the createdon fields in a filtered view.
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.